Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Gina Shipley's Reflection on the NACADA Annual Conference 2013

As the recipient of the UAAC NACADA Prep Workshop Series, my reflection of the NACADA annual conference connects to the workshops.  

Gina Shipley and Anna Adams working together at one of the Prep Workshops.
Each of the workshops I attended gave me an insight and added value to the conference experience for me.  One of the workshops I attended was on preparing a proposal.  I was able to collaborate with Taunya Dressler and Anna Adams in presenting at the conference this year. Not only was the opportunity of preparing for the presentation with these two ladies an enjoyable and valuable experience but the presentation was a great success. 

I also attended the workshop on networking and enjoyed organizing a lunch with advisors from our campus and four advisors from Oregon, Arizona and Texas.  This lunch was informative and I appreciated making connections to other advisors and hearing about advising on their campuses.  

Lastly, I attended the panel workshop on how to plan for the conference.  I appreciated this insight into mapping out my schedule and learned so much from a variety of workshops.  I planned my schedule thematically and attended classes on assessment and career ladder.  Thank you for the opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment